I'm a blogger! (BLEAAAAHHHHHH!!!)

 (A photo of our family circa Christmas '14--it's grown since to include Phil's sister Chel!)



Hello blog people!  I never thought I'd be a blogger (that word just sounds kind of gross and makes you want to ralph, doesn't it?) but I find myself with a story to tell and I can feel God prompting me to share it with you.  

It's not a story that I want to tell.  I am not proud to be one of the main characters in this story.  I am kind of sad and ashamed about it, to be honest.  I'd rather keep it private and within our family than put it online for all the world (grandiose expectations, I know) to read.  It hurts my pride to be the person in this story, but it's for that reason that I know that creating this blog (BLEAHHH) is the right thing to do.

Last night I was reading Corinthians and came across this passage for the third time in the past month: "In order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12: 7-10    

After the third time, I can finally say "Ok Lord, message received!"  It's not easy for me to boast in my weaknesses, but the point is clear: by revealing my weaknesses and acknowledging our hardships and difficulties, Christ's power will rest on us.  And when it does, not only will it be apparent to us, but it will be a brilliant miracle that is (I hope) celebrated by all of you as well!

That's the story behind why I have created this blog (hurl), with my husband Phillip's blessing, to document our ongoing struggles with infertility.  I hope that you will pray for us as we lay it all (within reason--no gross details I promise!!) out on the table for our friends and relatives to follow.  By being open about our situation, we have realized that we will have many more people praying for us along the way!  And for that we are already grateful.


Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is workingJames 5:14-16 

xo,

Kara


Comments

  1. NEVER lose hope!!! I was told for YEARS that I would never be able to conceive and now I have a beautiful 16 month old baby. I feel that, although I'm not a religious person, I am a spiritual person and I believe that God, or whomever is up there, placed my husband in my life to bless us with a child and he/she/it/them, will do for you if its your time. On a side note, my husband and I were both adopted. Never lose hope Kara and Phil!!! Your friends from Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Samantha! That means a lot to us! We love seeing pics of your beautiful family on Facebook. Keep em coming! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts